Prep Time: 5 mins ; Cooking Time: 25 mins; Serves: 4-6 ;
● Cashew nuts 1 cup
● Sugar 3/4 cup
● Milk 1 liter
● Cardamom 3
● Almonds 9
● Ghee 1 tsp
● Saffron 7 strands
1. Lightly roast the cashews for 1 minute and then grind it to a powder in a dry grinder.
2. Boil the milk and let it simmer for 5 mins on a low flame.
3. Add the cashew nut powder and sugar.
4. Cook it for another 10 mins on a low flame till the milk thickens to a paayasam consistency.
5. Crush the cardamoms in a mortar and pestle and add in the saffron strands at this stage for a lovely aroma and colour.
6. Garnish with chopped almonds slivers fried in ghee till light brown and enjoy the delicious cashew nut paayasam.