Prep time: 5 mins ; Cooking time: 15 mins ; Serves: 4
- Cashew nuts 1 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Water 5 tbsp
- Ghee 1 tbsp
1. Dry roast the cashew nuts for about a minute,taking care not to brown them and then grind the cashew nuts in a dry grinder to a fine powder.
2. Make the sugar syrup by adding water to the sugar in a pan and cooking it till 1 string consistency, which will take approximately 4-5 mins on slow flame.
3. Mix in the cashew nut powder and cook for another 5 mins till the mixture is of dropping consistency.
4. Drop the cashew dough on a greased plate and wait for it to cool down.Then apply ghee on your palms and knead the dough to a smooth round ball.
5. Grease a butter paper and a rolling pin.Now flatten out the dough into a circle, about 1/4 inch in thickness, with the rolling pin on to the butter paper placed on a rolling board or any flat surface.
6. Let it cool down for 10 mins and then cut out diamond shaped melt in the mouth Kaju Katlis.
Check out this easy no cook variation too