Prep time: 5 mins ; Cooking time: 15 mins ; Serves: 4
- Cashew nuts 1 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Water 5 tbsp
- Ghee 1 tbsp
1. Dry roast the cashew nuts for about a minute,taking care not to brown them and then grind the cashew nuts in a dry grinder to a fine powder.
2. Make the sugar syrup by adding water to the sugar in a pan and cooking it till 1 string consistency, which will take approximately 4-5 mins on slow flame.
3. Mix in the cashew nut powder and cook for another 5 mins till the mixture is of dropping consistency.
4. Drop the cashew dough on a greased plate and wait for it to cool down.Then apply ghee on your palms and knead the dough to a smooth round ball.
5. Grease a butter paper and a rolling pin.Now flatten out the dough into a circle, about 1/4 inch in thickness, with the rolling pin on to the butter paper placed on a rolling board or any flat surface.
6. Let it cool down for 10 mins and then cut out diamond shaped melt in the mouth Kaju Katlis.