Prep time : 10 min; Cooking time : 15 mins; Serves : 4
- 16 Idlis, fresh | leftover
- 3 Onions, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 – 5 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Channa dal | Bengal gram lentil
- 1 tsp Urad dal | Black gram lentil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp Sambar powder
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut Oil | oil of choice
- 1 stem of curry leaves
- 3 sprigs of coriander leaves, finely chopped
1. Finely chop or crumble idlis to a coarse powder and keep them ready.
2. Heat oil in a bandli | wok. Add mustard seeds, let them crackle, add curry leaves, channa dal, urad dal, fry till light brown. Add finely chopped green chillies, chopped onions, salt and saute them till translucent. Now add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, sambar powder and saute them till well done. If the Idlis seem too dry, then sprinkle about a tbsp of water. Mix in the finely chopped or crumbled idlis, till well coated. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
3. Serve hot, as is or with coconut chutney.