Quick, easy n hassle free
specially, when busy on a shopping spree
Crumbly, soft, freshly made melting moments
Pure bliss, wonder baked goodies of enjoyment
Make warm memories and forever bring cheer
🎉On X’mas and New Year!🎉
Prep time : 10 mins; Cooking time : 15 mins; Makes : 30 – 40 pieces
- 500 gm s or 3 1/2 cups of Ragi | finger millet flour
- 3/4 – 1 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups powdered brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 170 C for 10 mins and evenly grease the cookie tray with a tsp of butter or coconut oil.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, namely flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon powder and baking powder. Then add coconut oil or melted butter and knead the flour into a pliable dough.
- Roll the dough into little balls and flatten them. On the front side, mark them with the back of the fork.
- Bake them for 12 – 15 mins and let them cool down completely on a cooling rack, before attempting to touch them!
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy with a cuppa of milk, tea or coffee.
- Other flours, like pearl millet, oatmeal, almond meal, whole wheat, multigrain or all purpose can be used.
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder can be added.
- 1 well beaten egg can be added for a chewy texture.
- Chocolate chips and 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder can be added.
- Dry fruits like raisins, almonds, cashews and pistachios can be added whole or chopped.
- After kneading the dough, roll the dough into a cylindrical log with the help of a cling wrap and tighten the ends. Refrigerate for at least an hour, then remove the wrap and cut into circular discs and bake.
’tis the season to be jolly…la…la…lllaaa!🎶
Season’s Greetings to all my amazing readers!!!🎉