“Chinese fried rice” named as a matter of fact
Oriental terrain knows it is not infact
‘Indo Chinese fried rice’ phenomenal tact pact
Its claim to irrefutable fame
Tickling taste buds is thy game
Pointless playing by thy name
Balancing the ying and yang
Sweet ‘n’ sour tastes boomerang
Hot, pungent, warm ‘n’ cold
Plants energy Qi ‘n’ roots the soul
Family’s touch is always welcome
Magical is the outcome
Creating a beckoning array
It was one such fine day!
🎼 Standing in the Hall of Fame And the world’s gonna know your name ‘Cause you burn with the brightest flame And you’ll be on the walls of the hall of fame – The Script – “Hall of Fame” (feat. Will.I.am)
Prep time : 15 min; Cooking time : 30 mins; Serves : 4
- 3 cups Basmati | any long grain rice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Spring onion bulbs | Scallions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Celery (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Capsicum | Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Green Beans
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced or shredded Cabbage
- 1/4 cup sliced Mushroom | Tofu | Baby corn (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Green chilly sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp Red chilly sauce (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp Tomato ketchup sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp Vinegar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 – 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
To be ground into a paste :
- 1 bulb of Garlic, peeled
- 1 inch Ginger, peeled
- 1 – 2 green chilies
- 1 – 2 whole red chilies
- 1 – 3 whole peppercorns (optional)
Ingredients for garnish :
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onion greens
- Rinse well and soak the rice for about 15 mins in 4 1/2 cups of water. Cook in a pressure cooker up to 1 whistle or cook in a vessel filled with water and then drain out once cooked. Make sure the grains are separate and not mushy. Set aside.
- Thinly slice all the vegetables and mushroom, tofu (if added) . Set aside.
- Grind the ingredients under ‘To be ground into a paste’ in a mixer. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large wok, preferably on a medium or high flame, with all ingredients close at hand. Fry the ground paste. Add the vegetables and salt. Saute them for a few minutes, when the vegetables are slightly cooked and crunchy, add the salt, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and other sauces (if used). Cook for a few more minutes. Check the seasoning.
- Next add the cooked rice and toss things around like a pro, taking care not to break the rice grains and making sure all the grains are evenly coated with the gravy. Switch off heat.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot, as is or along with a Manchurian gravy or your choice of sides.
Indo Chinese Vegetable fried rice