“It’s HOT! It’s HUMID!”, we utter
“This year’s the hottest”, echoes every summer
Mercury reaches 39 C, Breaking news play
Guess now it’s official! Touché
Fresh lime juice, a quick-fix potion
Refreshing, energising, thirst-quenching solution!
Prep time : 15 mins ; Serves : 4
- 1 juicy medium to large lime or lemon
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups of water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 – 9 tsp of sugar
- Cut the lime into 2 halves and squeeze out the juice into a vessel. Strain the juice to discard the seeds.
- Lime juice + water+ salt+ sugar. Mix well till completely dissolved. Chill and toss in a couple of ice cubes, just before serving. Cheers!
- A pinch of black salt powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala powder, pepper powder, dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, few crushed mint leaves can be added to make Nimbu pani aka Shikanji or shikanjvi.
- Use clear soda instead of water, to prepare fresh lime soda or add a pinch of Eno to make the juice frothy.
- Sugar may be replaced with Jaggery syrup or honey.
Taste the juice before serving. Quantity of sugar and salt may vary, according to taste and sourness of the lime.